Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Year Old Bagged Mulch

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:24:01 -0400, GM wrote:

Hi,

I have about 8 bags of Scott's Mulch (red colored) that I bought last
summer. They were extra bags tha I didn't use at that time. They have
been sitting outside in the backyard since then. Is it okay to use
them now (after about 10 months)? Could there be any problems with
mold or fungus? Would that be something clearly visible?

Thanks.

G.M.

It might be even better, sitting for 10 months. Some folks are
sensitive to mold/fungus, but this should not be harmful to plants.