Old 13-05-2008, 07:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Year Old Bagged Mulch

In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

On Sun, 11 May 2008 08:24:01 -0400, GM wrote:

Hi,

I have about 8 bags of Scott's Mulch (red colored) that I bought last
summer. They were extra bags tha I didn't use at that time. They have
been sitting outside in the backyard since then. Is it okay to use
them now (after about 10 months)? Could there be any problems with
mold or fungus? Would that be something clearly visible?

Thanks.

G.M.

It might be even better, sitting for 10 months. Some folks are
sensitive to mold/fungus, but this should not be harmful to plants.

Oh, what a bunch of blabber mouths.

GM would have been greatly relieved to be shut of
that old, rotted, decomposed compost (tell the worms to shut up will
ya). Tell you what. He can send us, at no extre charge, his old, rotted,
vile, decomposed compost and we'll, out of the generosity of our kind
hearts, send him some nice fresh compost, C.O.D.. What could be fairer
than that?

I get my cut first;o))
--

Billy