Old 05-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike

Default What's the best facing for a garden?

In article , smeckler without_spam_sm
writes
I'm considering becoming a first-time buyer. I notice estate agents always
seem to consider 'South facing' to be a highly desirable feature in their
ads. Isn't East/West facing preferable, so that down the full length of
your garden you get South facing borders?

What does everyone like/dislike about the orientation of their own places?

ta,
smeckler

We have a South facing garden. Therefore we get the Sun in the morning,
afternoon and evening. Cool in the morning, too darned hot at Midday on
a couple of days a year :-)) and nice in the evening.

We have just moved the kitchen, which was the only South facing room,
into the middle of the house and made it into a big 'Farmhouse' Kitchen
Dining Room with a table big enough for 6 to sit round, and the kitchen
as was, into a lovely Garden Room with Double opening doors :-))

Today has been wonderful with the sun pouring in. And when it got too
hot? went into the Lounge which is at the front of the house which was
nice and cool :-)) But nice and warm and snug in the winter :-))

No my house is not for sale :-))

2 minutes from the Post Office.

10 minutes from the beach.

Big Garage.

Big Shed (full of junk)

Greenhouse.

Extra parking for one car.

lovely neighbours.

Convenient for all the main shops and Supermarket.

2 minutes Railway Station.

Under 3 hours to London.

3 bedrooms.

2 Reception + big Kitchen Diner.

Close to all schools, or as the Estate Agents say 'Convenient for local
schools'

Other than that, what are 'you' looking for? A Garden is not everything
in a house.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more