Old 16-05-2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default new pond

On Thu, 15 May 2008 14:37:58 EDT, splatt
wrote:

i am very very new to koi ponds

Hi, after reading what Rich said, what exactly where you thinking?

I know when I got into ponds all the filtration and such was so over of my
head and out of my budget. If I had it to do over, I would have saved a
little longer, but I did live and learn. With some fish doing same.... and
some not doing so. ;-) Not only is infrastructure so important fish-wise,
but the maintenance over the long haul is so much easier, that you'll
actually get to enjoy your pond more.

I know I'm just getting over a bout with pneumonia and I don't know what I
would have done had I ponds that needed daily or even weekly maintenance
during this time. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us