Old 21-05-2008, 06:22 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Crazy Rasberry Ants

In article ,
jOhN wrote:

Better than fire ants... The fire ants are wiping out ground nesting
birds such as meadowlark and bobwhite quail.

The rasberry's are taking out the fire ants so I'm kinda guessing they
are not particularly benign ;-)

The species they say is related in South America may kill animals by
clogging their breathing passages.........not a good visual.

Too many of any species is not a good thing.

While I see what you mean, the bloody fire ants are already out of hand.

I used to do wildlife rescue.

Fire ant fawns are not pretty...
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein