Old 22-05-2008, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Clearys source

I ordered Cleary's through a local garden center. It was $65/quart. The
source Chuck gives, Green Barn, is a good outlet for a lot of stuff, by the
way.

For what it's worth, here's the label information from the Cleary's bottle:
Thiophanate-methyl (dimethyl 4,4-0-phenylenebis [3-thioallophanate]). I
don't know how that compares with thiomyl systemic. Never did pretend to be
a chemist.

Ping Ray!

Diana

"Robert Lorenzini" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 May 2008 00:54:14 GMT, C. Berlin wrote:
I was intrigued by the recent posts here of the use of Clearys 3336 as a
systemic fungicide, so looked for a source of it on the web. It seemed to
be
available only in quantities for large scale application at costs ranging
from $69 to hundreds of dollars. Then I discovered that it can be
obtained
in small quantity under the name of "thiomyl systemic" for an affordable
price. e.g.
http://shop.greenbarnorchid.com/addt...593&quantity=1
Just thought I'd pass this along here in case someone else encountered
the
same problem.
Chuck Berlin

Is this commonly refered to as Clearys 33?

Bob