Old 06-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Allegra

Default What can I add to the soil to produce "stronger" roses?

Emil, one more thing

I should have told you the chemical composition
as it was the reason I bought the product in the
first place:

10-60-10 means

10 percent Nitrogen (N)which is a major element
in vegetative growth, helps with the leaf formation
and also maintains the green color in your plants.

60 percent Phosphorus (P) which is essential for a
strong root system. It also helps with the color of the
flowers believe it or not, and helps to hurry up a bit
the growth pattern of the plant.

10 percent Potassium (K) Well this is the catch all the
roses need: helps make the stems stronger, provides
starches and oils, helps fighting disease, and believe it
or not reduces water needs. It is truly essential for cell
division and it is normally used to balance out any excess
of nitrogen and/or calcium making more effective the use
of nitrogen by your roses.

The guaranteed analysis tells you a couple of things that
in my book are truly important: You use less, is fast acting
and it is safe."Will not burn even in the hottest weather
when used as directed".

Total Nitrogen 10% - Ammoniac Nitrogen
Available Phosphate 60% -
Soluble Potash - 10%
Chelated Iron - 0.10%
Chelated Manganese -0.05%
Zinc - 0.05%

I know this is wayyyyy more than what you wanted to read
but I hope it gives you an idea how the components put
together work to help the roses. I like this product because
it works, but we also use Mills Magic, Monty's Joy Juice,
Alfalfa Pellets, so I cannot give anyone's product the total
thumbs up. But you are in California, it gets hot and there
is nothing better than to feel safe using the right amount
and knowing you will not burn the foliage of the roses even
on a hot day.

Allegra