Old 06-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Allegra

Default What can I add to the soil to produce "stronger" roses?

"JimS." in a good mood said

Uh, I assume that means compost that you have *made yourself*, as opposed
to, er, 'your own compost...' !!!
:O

JimS.
Seattle

Hello Jim,

It means just that and the reason for mentioning
that was because I am still truly angry at a co-op
that shall remain nameless that offered "home-made
compost" guaranteed to be organic, blah, blah, blah...
so, the one here who believes just about anything
anyone tells her when she hears "organic" wrote a
check for a goodly amount and spent the next two
years picking up from cigarette filters to you name
it from the center of the " home-made organic"
compost.

If you make your own I suppose you don't put into it
cigarette filters because you are smart enough not
to smoke...we won't go into the "organic" part of
it ;) Lets say that I don't have the space to donate
to make compost, for who knows what reason our
zoo no longer sells the zoo-doo that was nothing
short of magnificent for the roses, and I don't care
if Gaia in person tries to sell me any "home made
compost" I ain't buying. You can quote me.

Jim, do you work for the government by any chance?
I am asking because it would seem that only the people
who follow the D.C. double speak would think of
calling feces "compost", specially if it is sold for
80 billion dollars?

Allegra