Old 27-05-2008, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_4_] Derek[_4_] is offline

Default How much HLA to activate a compost heap?

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
How much HLA to activate a compost heap?

I suppose a family might produce half a gallon of HLA a day.
Is that too much for a one metre cube compost heap?

HLA is often recommended, but I've never seen advice about quantity.
What is too little - and what is too much?
--
Chris

Goodness another odd abbreviation well if your family is producing Human
Leucocyte Antigen in that quantity I should consult a doctor rather quickly.
If on the other hand you are looking to add urine to accelerate the
composting I should think one mans early morning product ( which is quite
concentrated) should be enough especially if it includes reprocessed good
ale. Which is another dammed fine reason for drinking the stuff.

Derek