Old 27-05-2008, 05:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
gc gc is offline

Default growing grass over previously mulched area

Hello!

I want to convert an area that used to have mulch on (area used to have
shrubs and such) to an area covered by grass. I removed all the shrubs and
such and have not remulched the area for a year or so, but there is still
some dry mulch on top. Is there a way for me to grow grass on this area
without totally removing all of the mulch? Would something as simple as
putting soil on top of it do? Or some type of material that helps mulch
decay so that I can put grass seed on it? Thanks!