Old 28-05-2008, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Onc. (Papilio)

Listen to Wendy. I do believe it's the first time I've hard her shout, LOL!

This plant is a sequential bloomer that can go on for many months, and in
some cases, years. Enjoy!

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
NO!!!!! I just leave it be. The flower falls off then its left with dried
out looking sheaths at the tip of
the inflorescence (spike). The only time you cut, is if the inflorescence
is totally dead, usually a yellowy flax color.
Cheers Wendy
"Faz" wrote in message
When the flower finally gives up, do you cut off the flower stem or just
leave it alone. It has already started a new flower stem.
This from a newby who has searched the internet and cannot find an
answer.

Thanks,
Chuck.