Old 28-05-2008, 04:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default black fish with white spots

On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:05:19 EDT, "wilma" wrote:

I just put my gold fish out to the pond a few weeks ago and now my black fan
tail has raised white- ish spots all over his body ,more around his gills.I
have never seen this before ,he is 2 yrs old .anyone have any suggestions.

Tiny like salt or more like pimples? If on just the gills and front of the
pec fins, this means your goldfish is a boy. If all over the body, it is
ick. Bring it back inside to a tank and treat with 0.3% salt. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us