Old 28-05-2008, 03:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
wilma wilma is offline

Default black fish with white spots

thanks for the help, it is definitly ick,i will put him back inside and put
some salt in the water.I also read to use an antibiotic also,my fish has
the ick ALL over ,poor guy.
"~ jan" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 May 2008 10:05:19 EDT, "wilma" wrote:

I just put my gold fish out to the pond a few weeks ago and now my black
fan
tail has raised white- ish spots all over his body ,more around his
gills.I
have never seen this before ,he is 2 yrs old .anyone have any suggestions.

Tiny like salt or more like pimples? If on just the gills and front of the
pec fins, this means your goldfish is a boy. If all over the body, it is
ick. Bring it back inside to a tank and treat with 0.3% salt. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us