Old 29-05-2008, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
dr dr is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

Granity wrote:

I too hardly ever watch these days, it can be interesting occasionally
but
mostly it seems more interested in the personalities than the plants to
my
mind.

I feel the same rarely actually watch it, it's on in the background and
if something interesting comes on then I might take note.

I think the head gardener, Alys Fowler, should take over, the programme
might then become watchable and her dog could replace chalky as a
national treasure :-)
But please not Carol Kline or Joe Swift, otherwise it won't get
switched on at all.

I agree Carol and Joe, don't think I could stand to watch them for too
long, it's hard enough with their little time slots now.

Just to throw some more names in the pot, what of Bob Flowerdew (though I
doubt he'd want the job), or Dan Pearson (though I think he'd have to learn
a bit more propogation and drop some of the "design" or he'd just be
another AT), or even Toby Buckland, he's light, jovial, knows his stuff and
he's even got his wife as a ready made assistant.

Well like I said just a few alternative ideas.

Duncan