Thread: Bonsai indoors
View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Old 31-05-2008, 04:17 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2008

Hello,
Like to plant bonsai indoors i would like to give some suggestions which i have used for my indoor bonsai...
For the outdoor Bonsai, many growers bring their trees indoors where they are put on display for special occasions but then afterward, they need to go back outside. A good rule to follow is that three days a month indoors is all your Bonsai, regardless of species, will handle.
For the outdoor Bonsai, they simply cannot and should not be grown inside. Bringing them in during the flowering season or to celebrate a party, is fine but if they are kept indoors too long, they will actually become stressed. If you do bring the Bonsai inside, remember that you will need to take extra care when it comes to watering, sunlight, humidity, and so on.
Providing the Bonsai with a daily misting will help, as will positioning the tree so it is not somewhere too warm. For example, if you bring your Bonsai inside during the wintertime, make sure it is not placed too close to a heater. Keep in mind that if the Bonsai need to be kept warm, you can purchase a special heater that will not dry the tree out but you would also need to use a humidifier.
Additionally, once you put the Bonsai in its position, try to leave it alone as much as possible. The more you start to touch and mess with the Bonsai, the more stressed it will be.
Thanks...!