Old 31-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Bonsaif Bonsaif is offline
Registered User

Hello,
Need help for Fukien Tea, I would like to give some suggestions regarding it which I have used for my Fukien Tea..
Care
• When growing indoors, you need to place the Fukien Tea in a location where the temperature maintains around 60 degrees.
• The branches will need to be pruned throughout the year
• New shoots that take away from the shape you are trying
achieve for the Bonsai will need to be pinched
• When trimming new shoots, keep it back to about three leaves on a regular basis during the normal growing season and then about every two to three months during the colder months
• From spring to fall, the Fukien Tea will need to be fed fortnightly and in the winter, make sure the food is low in nitrogen
Concern
• The Fukien Tea is not fond of shady locations. Therefore, it needs to always have as much sun as possible without getting too hot, which could cause the leaves to burn
• This plant does not tolerate cold draughts or frost well
Thanks...!