Old 31-05-2008, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Koi Food - what are you feeding your koi?

"W Dale" wrote in message

What are many of you out there feeding your koi? I am convinced that
food quality is important yet, I don't want to just set my few
remaining dollars (after I buy gasoline for my car!) on fire with
overly expensive food for my koi.

My koi are thriving and breeding like rabbits on inexpensive trout and
catfish chow with treats of kitten chow, bread, earthworms and a high meat
canned dog food. They're not obese as some people fear they become on
cheaper foods. Fish get obese when overfed.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.