Old 31-05-2008, 09:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Koi Food - what are you feeding your koi?

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
Though it may not be as good for them, Phyllis and I have used catfish
food for more than a decade. I gather it is growth oriented. Our koi
and goldies seem to be thriving on it (and the bluegills in our acre
pond). It is so cheap at $12/50 pound bag that we cannot see feeding
other food to our $3.95 koi.

Others will have more formal advice for you.

Jim

Mine have been thriving on catfish and trout food the same amount of time. I
can't justify paying the outrageous prices they charge for koi food.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.