Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
janet janet is offline

Default if you break a budstalk

While moving my orchids outside for the summer, I broke a catt
budstalk with multiple buds, the first one just open. I decided to
put it in a small vase rather than just pitching it.

Two weeks later the third bud is opening and the first one has finally
dropped off. The tiny vase is on my kitchen windowsill and I may have
enjoyed the blooms more there than had they been on the plant! There
are two more buds yet to open, but I doubt that it will last long
enough for the last one to open.

So if you accidentally break off a budstalk, don't just throw it out,
enjoy it in a vase.