Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default if you break a budstalk

Steve,

Sometimes it works, sometimes not. If the inflorescence is not broken clear
through there is a much better chance. In any event, orchids do some of the
strangest things!

Diana

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 06:00:23 -0700 (PDT), janet
wrote:

While moving my orchids outside for the summer, I broke a catt
budstalk with multiple buds, the first one just open. I decided to
put it in a small vase rather than just pitching it.

My wife has just put the ends of a broken stalk together and wrapped
the it in waterproof tape. The buds still look healthy. If it works I
will be amazed!

Steve

--
EasyNN-plus. Build Neural Networks. http://www.easynn.com