Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Daniel B. Martin Daniel B. Martin is offline

Default Seeing more ticks this years..

me wrote:
"doctoroe" wrote in message

We are seeing more ticks this year than ever before. Lots of nymphs.
Check yourself even after walking in grass. They seem to be everywhere.

No kidding. I have been using a tick drag behind the tractor on the trails
around our property and the cloth has literally thousands of them. I worry
about Rocky Mountain Spotted fever and Lime (although I must be immune to
Lime by now)

I, too, have seen more ticks this year. I've pulled some
off my clothing and
some off my skin.

Please elaborate on "tick drag." Is this homemade or
purchased? Does it
reduce the number of ticks on your land or merely serve as
an informal census?

Daniel B. Martin