Old 06-04-2003, 04:44 PM
groober

Default quick composting question.......

"will" wrote in message
: I have a couple of hedgehogs who use recycled newspaper litter for their
: bedding. It's pretty much shredded up and soft "poofy" little
: pieces.........
:
: Would something like this compost well? Should I put it in another
: seperate compost pile as it may possible take longer then plant and
: vegetable matter?
:
: Any info is appreciated. It has all of their droppings in it as well, so
: I would think that it may speed things up, but at the same time, they
: are little animals with pretty small droppings........
:
: Thank you tons......
:
: =will=
:

I think it would be a great addition to a compost pile. Paper will need
extra nitrogen to decompose, but the hedgehogs' 'contribution' should help
there. The only question I would have it whether to use the resulting
compost on vegetable beds or only ornamentals.