Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default black fish with white spots

the cycle of ich is temp dependent. higher temp ich cycles faster. fish are
carriers of ich. the fastest way fish get ich is a fast drop in temp brings ich out.
Ingrid

On Sat, 31 May 2008 14:09:05 EDT, ~ jan wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:19:07 EDT, "wilma" wrote:

My other fish still in the pond don't seem to have any ick yet ,but
i am watching them.

My understanding about ick is that it is always present unless the water
temp is very high, over 84F kills it (I believe). A fish under stress, like
just being moved out to the pond from inside, will some time catch it.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us