Old 04-06-2008, 12:19 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default black fish with white spots

Correction. It can be killed at 89.5 degrees F.
http://www.aquahobby.com/articles/e_ich2.php
~ jan

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:55:49 EDT, wrote:

the cycle of ich is temp dependent. higher temp ich cycles faster. fish are
carriers of ich. the fastest way fish get ich is a fast drop in temp brings ich out.
Ingrid

On Sat, 31 May 2008 14:09:05 EDT, ~ jan wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:19:07 EDT, "wilma" wrote:

My other fish still in the pond don't seem to have any ick yet ,but
i am watching them.

My understanding about ick is that it is always present unless the water
temp is very high, over 84F kills it (I believe). A fish under stress, like
just being moved out to the pond from inside, will some time catch it.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us