Old 06-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Cass

Default still another batch of roses

Regina wrote:
Cass wrote:
Allegra wrote:
"Cass" wrote

Oh!! I adore buff yellow roses too. Lady H just did its first (mild)
winter here, tucked up under the shelter of Sally Holmes. English
Garden - in a 15 gallon pot - got moved last summer to a full sun spot
and instantly came alive. It looks like this is one that totally hates
too much shade.

How large is English Garden in your pot?

And Buff Beauty, which Cass knows I've ordered three times now, only to
get it scratched before delivery each time; I was hoping it would
finally perform for her, under threat of excommunication, but if it has
now been potted and exiled, ok, well I am READY. I don't know how it
will do here but am most interested to find out.

Ya mean I can dig it up? Consider it done. We'll need help getting it
in the car, more like you'll a trailer.

Next trip I make down the hill, I'll need to bring lots of plastic for
transporting roses. GOT to make it to Vintage this time too!! (Hmmm,
What does Cass want that she hasn't already bought herself??)

Oh, nothing. I have enough roses. ;-P

I didn't know Flutterbye was yolky. I think I need to see a Plant in
Bloom.

Me too. I took a chance. Even if it's yellow, it's okay. My family
won't let me get rid of Sunsprite, so it will have company.

The Brits have produced dozens of apricoty roses within the past 5
years, and I sure wish we could get our hands on them.

A couple of names please? What should I be lusting for?

I would start with Great Expectations. But just cruise the Crocker,
Harkness and Dickson roses on the English sites.

Have you noticed Ruby Pendent at the SJHRG?

No, and if it's with the minis, I probably won't because there is never
enough time to get through that collection.

I just think a rose is voluptuous and must flower with
abandonment, should bob sometimes on its neck out of
sheer sensuality and I like the almost vulgar abundance
of a bloom bursting forth with petals and fragrance.
Minis always look stilted to me. As if something happened
and they just never got "there".

Heh heh. They've been banned here. I refuse to think of a 10 foot rose
an a mini and hereby decree that it is not.

Cass, remember that big spreading bush whose shape you liked along my
driveway? It's a Moore cl mi (which ought to root easily):

http://www.justourpictures.com/roses...ingjackie.html

Wow, great looking. Are those reflexed petals typical (I love them), or
is that a special deal in warm weather?