Old 05-06-2008, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anthony Anthony is offline

Default Source of Mushroom Compost/Manure - Hull Area

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi all

Just discovered that a previous source of spent mushroom compost has
closed down.
Used this stuff to improve soil before planting hedging and all the
plants have survived and thrived.

Can anyone direct me to a source of cheap spent mushroom compost or manure
or anything that will help recondition soil before planting?
West Hull would be good, but anywhere reasonably local would do. Quite
happy to pay delivery charge or do multiple car trips as necessary.
Where do local allotment users source this stuff.
The volume of compost I am creating simply won't be enough.
TIA
Phil

Try http://www.dandys.org
they do 1 tonne bags, there is a postcode checker to work out the price.
HTH
Anthony