Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default My Greenhouse: a warning to those who still wish for one...

While this has nothing to do with greenhouses nor can it compete with
digging trenches, here's the state of the state of my backyard project.
Please note: it has to be completed by the end of June when I'll be getting
married and hosting 40 people at the reception in the backyard. *This*
backyard. It was supposed to be a flagstone patio down the side of the
house with raised flower beds delimited with rockwalls. I've got 20 days to
complete the project. I don't think I'm gonna make it. Its getting hotter
around here, too. At least I have the sides of the house that'll show
during the reception painted.

I only show the pics because Al's comment that 'maybe I'm older' struck a
chord. I started planning this 5 yrs ago, xeriscaping the yard against our
cyclical droughts. Oh how I wish I'd completed it then. Somehow this ain't
gonna be the lush paradise it is in my mind....

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
My Greenhouse: a warning to those who still wish for one...-dsc00132.jpg   My Greenhouse: a warning to those who still wish for one...-dsc00133.jpg