Old 07-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Bob Alston

Default Leaking CO2

Recommend you make sure you have the small plastic disk at the regulator
connection to the tank. But I was told by the fire extinguisher place that
fills my tanks NOT to put teflon on those threads.

Bob

--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913

"Buzzard Face" wrote in message
.. .
Tighten the connection where the regulator connects to the tank. What
happens a lot of times is the tank and regulator were different temps when
they were initially connected. Over time they adjusted to the same temp
causing a potential leak. Try putting Teflon tape around the threads of

the
bottle and check to see if you have small plastic type disk that is

inside
the regulator connection. This acts as the seal between the regulator and
the CO2 tank

Buzz

"WD" wrote in message
The Soapy Water Test is pretty simple. Put some dishsoap in a pan of

water,
then rub a soaked sponge over all the fittings. Look for bubblings.

Careful
not to get it in the tank.

"B." wrote in message
I think my CO2 line is leaking somewhere. I think this because my 5

pound
tank is running empty a lot quicker. I have a filling that the check

vavle
might be the culprit but i dont know for sure. I was wondering if

anyone
knew of a way to test to see if it is leaking. I read somewhere that

you
can do a soapy water test but it didnt say how to perform that. If

anyone
knows where this or similar info is pleased drop me a line. Thank You.