Old 14-06-2008, 07:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
nightrider.36 nightrider.36 is offline

Default Getting rid of a mole

On Jun 14, 10:34*am, Shanghai McCoy wrote:
Hi all - I haven't tried to poison this damned thing, but I have tried
one of the mole guillotines to no avail. A friend at work suggested used
kitty litter sprinkled around tunnel entrances- apparently the cat urine
scares moles away. Sounds logical to me, but before I subject myself to
a litter box, I'd like your opinion. TIA.

I had a serious problem with these monsters and tried everything from
"green" solutions or noxious chemicals--nothing worked. What finally
worked--now this is barbaric but it worked--CATS! I had two indoor
cats that were accidentally demoted to outdoor cats because they were
peeing on everything--long story. After about a week or two later, I
started seeing dead gophers and moles on my porch, lawn and backyard--
gifts?

It's barbaric, a little impractical for some folks but they are
finally gone.