Old 15-06-2008, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default How to prevent worms in apples

Sounds like my tree. I've never sprayed it, but now I'm trying to clean it
up. So, my apples are about one inch in diameter. What can I do right now,
today?

wrote in message
.com...
apples are very pesticide spray intensive. I wouldnt even bother planting
one in my
yard because next door they got a big apple tree and DONT spray and every
pest on
earth is breeding right there and would swarm mine.

My mother had an orchard and she sprayed every 10 DAYS starting with
dormant oil in
spring before it flowered.

OTOH, you dont have to spray if you 1. put mosquito netting around the
entire tree
after blossoming (you need the bees to pollinate) and 2. you put a wide
band of
tangle foot at the bottom to stop anything crawling up under where you
bunch and tie
off the netting on the trunk. Ingrid

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 19:37:13 -0700, "Zootal"