Old 15-06-2008, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
dicko[_1_] dicko[_1_] is offline

Default How to prevent worms in apples

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 19:37:13 -0700, "Zootal"
wrote:

Here is yet another apple tree question. My old apple tree has a bazillion
apples on it. Question: Exactly what do I do to it to keep worms from eating
the apples? Every year, almost every apple has one or more worms in it. Is
there a spray that can be safely used? And - here is the important question
that I haven't found an answer to - exactly how do I go about applying it,
IE what equipment do I need? This tree is 30-40 feet tall, and 30+ feet
across, it's quite large. My wife bought me a hand sprayer (bless her soul
LOL), but it isn't quite up to the task. How do I spray a huge apple tree?

Google for Coddling Moth and Apple Maggot, two of the most common
pests.

And for diseases, google for Apple Scab.

Read all that and you'll wonder how several generations of humans have
never seen a worm in an apple nor seen a deformed one, apple, not
worm.

-dickm