Old 17-06-2008, 07:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Twitchell Twitchell is offline

Default Weed identity and means of killing needed for newbie to group

In article ,
Jack Sprat says...

On Jun 17, 11:53=A0am, Twitchell wrote:
Can anyone ID the weed in this link? =A0I've got this stuff all over the y=

ard and
am desperate to get rid of it.

http://imgplace.com/image/view/41256...fe6bb4a4c05a64

I really need to know what weed killer to use without killing everything e=

lse.
Also, anyone have any links to websites that have pictures of lawn weeds (=

emphasize the word pictures as most of them just use the latin names).

thanks

twitch

That looks like Dallisgrass to me. You can put some Bayer Advanced=99
All-In-One Weed Killer for Lawns on it.
http://www.bayeradvanced.com/product...-Lawns/concen=
trate.html

I haven't had much luck with this product though. I usually dig a
clump of dallis grass up when it appears in my lawn.

I think this is a cool site for identifying weeds. I don't know how
comprehensive it is though.

http://whizlab.isis.vt.edu/servlet/wid?table=3Dgrasses

good luck
-jack

Dallisgrass it is! Thanks! Now, unfortunately, your weed website doesn't
advise on what weedkillers to use but as I've already got Bayer Advanced, I'll
try it.

I have another one with yellow flowers:

http://imgplace.com/image/view/be83f...78af20ed9c7a0c

It's driving me nuts as it can't be called 'broadleaf'. Any ideas?

thanks

twitch