Old 20-06-2008, 02:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Twitchell Twitchell is offline

Default Getting rid of a mole

In article , J.A. Michel says...

"Shanghai McCoy" wrote in message
news
Hi all - I haven't tried to poison this damned thing, but I have tried one
of the mole guillotines to no avail. A friend at work suggested used kitty
litter sprinkled around tunnel entrances- apparently the cat urine scares
moles away. Sounds logical to me, but before I subject myself to a litter
box, I'd like your opinion. TIA.

You need a Cat. We have two outdoor kitties, and they are freaking
RUTHLESS. I have ZERO problems with moles, gophers, or rabbits. They kill
everything in sight. The downside is I'm stuck cleaning up the bloody
gut-pyles that they leave for me by the garage door. It's a fair trade.
:-)

I normally would suggest a gopher "bomb" but when I used one three weeks ago,
the still-alive-gopher had actually pushed the spent cartridge completely out of
the hole the following morning. I've used these bombs for years with varying
degrees of success but this is the first time I've had this happen.

twitch