Old 21-06-2008, 12:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MICHELLE H. MICHELLE H. is offline

Default SORRY....

Sorry to all the people who kept saying that "this doesn't add up" and
all that, and yes you are RIGHT. It wouldn't have added up, because we
never measured this trench, and so when I said it was 2-3 feet deep and
2-3 feet wide in my original post, I was just ESTIMATING it.

When we got into a fight with him the other day, HE was the one that
kept saying that he put the fence "4 inches back from the property
line". So that is why I said in my original post that the fence was 4
inches back from the property line, because I was going by with what HE
said.

As far as the topsoil goes, when we filled this trench in with topsoil,
we used roughly about 15 bags or so, with DIFFERENT amounts in each bag.
The reason for this is because first we used this generic Home Depot
topsoil that was like $1.19 for a 40 pound bag. The stuff sucked because
it was all wet, and it was loaded with all kinds of debris, like tons of
rocks, sticks, pieces of plastic, paper, someones broken eye glasses
frame, pieces of black roof shingles, etc, etc. So we then switched
over to a different brand, and used "Scotts Premium Organic Topsoil"
which came in a ".75 cubic foot bag", which was $1.99 a bag.

When we filled in the trench, it WAS NOT completely filled up to the
top. We filled in most of it, but when we got done, it still WASN'T as
high and or as even as the rest of our lawn. It was still a few inches
lower then the rest of the backyard on our side of the property line. We
didn't feel like driving another 25 minutes back to Home Depot for more
topsoil, so we just decided to seed it with grass seed.

So I am SORRY for giving the WRONG facts in my original post, saying
that the fence was 4 inches back, but the trench was 2-3 feet wide.

After going out there today, and measuring it with a tape measure, I now
know the ACCURATE measurements of this trench that he dug out, which is
24-25 feet LONG, 10 1/2 - 11 inches WIDE, and 18-19 inches DEEP.

And as I said in my last post right before this one, the FENCE POSTS are
about 4 inches back from the property line, but the fence is about 10
1/2 to 11 inches back from the property line, because he installed the
fence backwards, and its on the inside of the posts.

So this is the ACTUAL size of the trench from the property line: 10 1/2
to 11 inches wide, 18 to 19 inches deep, and 24 to 25 feet long.