Old 21-06-2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B Ray B is offline

Default Flowering Question

I will also throw in three more possibilities:

1) Insufficient food
2) Wrong fertilizer formula (too much nitrogen)
3) It is not seeing enough of a cool period to initiate spiking.

Many phals grow better if kept warm, but won't initiate an inflorescence
unless they see a week or so of 10°-15° cooler temps. Ordinarily, that
happens for in-home growers as Fall approaches, and the temperatures near
the window drop.

You made the comment that you " feed it with orchid food twice a month."
What's the formula of the fertilizer and how much to you mix up with water?

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Salad shooter. Works every time.

Diana

"unknown" wrote in message
In article 9JS6k.20$gE.10@trnddc07,
"Al Pickrel" wrote:

If you continue to do everything right but never see a
flower threaten it with a microwave. This has worked for me.

waving pruning shears over mine has worked....

but yes--how long have you had the plant? has it ever bloomed for you?
i've got a big white NOID that took a few yrs before it would bloom for
me--and it grows lots of leaves. but then, i have a golden peoker
daughter that's *always* in bloom--but also only ever had four leaves.
that's it, that's all it wants, and it steadfastly refuses to grow more.

--j_a