Old 21-06-2008, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd Kenni Judd is offline

Default Flowering Question

Has it been repotted while in your care? If not, it's past due, maybe way
past due depending on when it was last repotted before it came into your
care, and that may explain why it will only hold 4 leaves (and may be
keeping it from having the strength to bloom).

While light is (as others have suggested) a VERY important factor, I'm
inclined to think it's more the lack of a day-night temp change, in your
climate-controlled home, that's keeping you from seeing flowers. Can you
put the plant out, in a shady location, in early fall, so that it will
experience a 10-15 degree change in day-night temps for a few days? Kenni

"frankiet" wrote in message
I have 1 orchid plant ( Taisuco Kochdian ) that grows leaves but never
any flowers when a new leaf grows the one underneith the new one dies
there 4 leaves total I feed it with orchid food twice a month and it
gets plenrty of sun but in 18 months it has not flowered.Thanks in
advance