Old 25-06-2008, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Help needed - What is wrong with my tree?

On Jun 25, 12:26�pm, "Tom J" wrote:
Henley Birder wrote:

Hi Don, �My location is Henley-on-Thames. �I don't know the species,
but it has been suggested could be a peach or cherry tree(?).
Thanks
for the info.

If it's either of those, it's time to plant a new tree. Both of those
have relatively short lives.

Peach trees will produce about 20 years and are relatively short
lived, but cherry trees can live and produce well over 100 years. But
regardless, from that picture that tree's bark doesn't look like any
cherry or peach I've ever seen... I seriously doubt it's any kind of
stone fruit.