Old 02-07-2008, 02:07 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Deer & those water things

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 03:46:57 -0700 (PDT) in wrote:
Earlier in the spring a motion sensorred water spraying "thing" ( I
can't remember the name) was recommended to keep deer out of the
garden. Has anyone actually used one of them? Did it work?
The deer here have devoured my cucumbers, watermelon, Rose of Sharron
bushes, blueberries, MY ROSES, and now have started on the zuccini and
squash. Needless to say I am very frustrated and disapointed. I have
tried everything I have heard of t keep them out except a fence and
that is not possible. Hair, urine, cayenne, Irish Spring soap, motion
lights (they can see to eat now), wind spinners, nothing has worked
for more that a few days at a time.
Any words of wisdom?

Crossbow or a fence.

Or next year plant a feed plot for deer at the opposite end of the
neighborhood.

MJ

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."