Old 07-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Cass

Default still another batch of roses

Regina wrote: Cass wrote: Regina
wrote:

How large is English Garden in your pot?

Two feet above soil level after light pruning, with a fairly narrow
profile. I suspect it will be taller and bushier this year after
having been moved out of the too cold and shady spot it had been in.
I've had it a few years and it had always sulked, but once in its new
position late last summer, it immediately started pumping out blooms.

Mine's the same kind of runt, but the plant that sold me on the rose is
a good 3 1/2 or 4 feet. In fact, next winter I have to remember to
thin out the canes in the center because it's getting crowded in there.
EG is an essential rose for arrangements. Buff goes with everything.
Does Climbing Jackie handle the vase, or is it strickly garden
material?

And Buff Beauty, which Cass knows I've ordered three times now,
only to get it scratched before delivery each time; I was hoping
it would finally perform for her, under threat of
excommunication, but if it has now been potted and exiled, ok,
well I am READY. I don't know how it will do here but am most
interested to find out.

Ya mean I can dig it up? Consider it done. We'll need help getting
it in the car, more like you'll a trailer.

eek!! Will I be able to fit it in? I may need to make a point of
leaving most of my standard camping gear at home next trip.

I didn't dig it up, just kidding. Maybe BR next fall? Keep me posted. I
do want that space for Celine Forestier, but she's still in a 5 gallon
pot and will be for a while.

I didn't know Flutterbye was yolky. I think I need to see a
Plant in Bloom.

Me too. I took a chance. Even if it's yellow, it's okay. My family
won't let me get rid of Sunsprite, so it will have company.

From the little I saw of the one Julia brought to Mel a couple of
years ago, it was a very nice yellow that would look great on your
wall of shame. And now I understand why you have hung onto the
nearly fluorescent Sunsprite.

Actually, it was destined for the blue and yellow garden. We'll see.
It's still small.

Cass, remember that big spreading bush whose shape you liked
along my driveway? It's a Moore cl mi (which ought to root
easily):

http://www.justourpictures.com/roses...ingjackie.html

Wow, great looking. Are those reflexed petals typical (I love
them), or is that a special deal in warm weather?

Yes, the reflexed petals are typical, and it blooms all season. The
longer I have that rose, the more I love it.

Yum.