Old 03-07-2008, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default $%*X$! Cats

On Jul 3, 8:19 pm, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 22:42:07 +0100, "Astral Voyager"

wrote:
Has anybody found an effective way of deterring cats from the garden?

Yep, one of those infra red movement detecting water sprinklers.

We used to get loads of cats crap (ferrule wildlife murdering
unpredictable roadkill fleabags that they are) in our enclosed private
back garden and when I dug it all over recently I installed the
device.

Since then my fresh inviting soil has stayed just that, fresh! ;-)

I bought one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/5gejue

And whilst probably not the most sophisticated of products, seems to
do what it says on the tin (especially for £18.49 delivered).

There seems to be times in the day when the sun is in a particular
place (possibly reflections off something) where it can false trigger
but all that happens is my 3 mini allotment beds get a quick watering
;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Tim, how big an area does it cover, I'm thinking hens here :-)

Judith