Old 03-07-2008, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default $%*X$! Cats

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:20:43 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

Tim, how big an area does it cover, I'm thinking hens here :-)

Quite a range I would say, maybe as much as the 10m and 90 degrees it
says on the blurb but pretty close.

When I first tried it I didn't realise it had an elevation control. I
turned it on and it swept across three back gardens (Victorian
terrace) first clearing a 6' paneled fence!

In it's lowest setting and maybe 45 degree arc it easily sweeps across
and back and covering the length of our garden (~35 foot)?

There is one downside with them though, you have to remember they are
there! A gardener mate of mine came round and was interested in it. I
said "wave your hand in front of it" so he walked out into the garden!
Ironically he actually matched it's path across our garden and back
and was pretty damp when it stopped g. I then told him he had 5
seconds to get off the garden (or pretend to be a statue) before he
copped another batch! ;-)

For scaring pests it's real ace is the stealthy way it starts and the
area it covers. It sits there quietly then without warning sprays this
jet of water *everywhere* in a sprinkler "pfpfpfpfpf pft pft pft pft
pft" stylee.

Even if I turn the water off it will still soak you if you walk past
it just from the pressure of the water stored in the hose.

All the best ...

T i m