Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default abpo gone from verizon news servers.

Kye, this is your chance to be the hero (once again). It would be great
to have a server that will always have ABPO. (Would you able to put RGO
on it too for one stop shopping for orchid newsgroups?)
As much as I have enjoyed newsgroups over the last decade+, I'm not sure
I can justify spending over $100 a year just to pick up ABPO. Motzarella
seems to work fine for the text groups but (unless something changes)
I'll only be able to view pictures posted by other Motzarella users.

Though I don't want to pay a monthly fee just for ABPO, I wouldn't be
opposed to sending a donation to you to help set this up.

Steve

BIO-Dex Consulting wrote:
Will do. I am just waiting on the software to be delivered to create the
server.

Kye.

"Al Pickrel" wrote in message
Yes, I know why. Anyway, there was talk on abpo of setting up a private
server for pictures once the big companies started dropping the .alt
hierarchy. Please post the server information here when/if it gets done
because many of us can't see abpo anymore.