Old 06-07-2008, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default How to stop tree sprouting.

"Bill R" wrote in message

Not a perfect solution: Just keep cutting off the shoots that come up.
This may go on for several months (or more) but eventually it will stop.

When I moved into my current home last year there were two gigantic
Paulownias in the front yard. I had them taken out and the stumps ground out
thoroughly before we even unloaded the moving van.
Now, 15 months later we are still seeing "root shoots".

I am very impressed with these trees will to live- it is amazing to see
sprouts on the other side of the driveway still popping up. 15 months later
and I am still cutting sprouts three times a week. They have slowed down
somewhat, but are still coming on strong and I suspect I'll still be
battling them next year.

Nature is amazing.

FWIW I had a silver maple taken the same time and the stump left intact and
have seen nothing.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky