Old 08-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Foxes Foxes is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

I know this is two years later...
We had our gardens professionally landscaped...and yes we added a Mimosa. Now I have four (three volunteers).

1) We planted the Mimosa where she could drop her stuff and it would be hidden in the beds, and
2) We had neighbors come over and ask what the lovely trees were because they wanted some for their place.

Yeah, I let them know they do spread crazily and are on "lists" of invasive species. But we love them...and had them planted by our landscaper.

We are in Central Florida.

Just wanted to say we are another Mimosa lover...and hello. Ours were planted with Loropetelum (Chinese burgundy) and some lirope. They spread to beds with burfordi holly. (They also showed up all over our 1 acre lot, but we limit them to the major beds where they can drop stuff without a problem.

I found this by searching to see if the seed pods were edible. never found that answer.

They do drop fringe...from the lovely pink blooms..and seed pods. They grow rapidly. With those caveats, been a lovely tree for nine years, with no pest problems. We love our Mimosa Trees.