Old 10-07-2008, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Duncan[_2_] Duncan[_2_] is offline

Default Humic Acid

We sell lots of Humic AND fulvic acids. Some people swear by them. Fulvic
is the same group of organic acids, anything with a molecular weight higher
than X is humic and anything lighter is fulvic. They supposedly act as
organic chelating agents and help plants take up nutrients easier. I have
alway assumed that ST contains them. We sell several brands of B-1 and
although people like them we get far better feed back from ST users. There
is real reasearch out there that supports adding humics and fulvics. I do
use them on my orchids but everything gets everything, or ussually
everything gets nothing. I've fertilized twice this year already!!! I'm a
big believer in the theory that orchids thrive on neglect. BTW the kelp was
probably acsophyllum nodosum. Contains cytokinins which helps
branching/rates of cell division/ect. AG Canada HATES anything that says
humic acid on it. If you think the EPA is hard on the head you should try
dealing with those powermad yahoo's.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Many moons ago, when I was experimenting with developing my own,