Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Blc. Firecracker - Put on your shades!

Glad you like it, in its day, not sure of it's background but it must have
been a show stealer!
The plant was what I call a struggling artist back in '99 & it's owner sold
his home along with the
g/h & the young kid that bought the house knew nothing about orchids & too
busy so he sold them all!
Incidentally, in case you worry about being too old with not enough time,
old Henri was 91 & still going
to orchid & Tillandsia meetings.
Cheers Wendy (And now you know the rest of the story)

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:51:03 -0700, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Blc. Firecracker
This one was from the Henri Compagnion collection a 1st time bloomer
since
'99 & it wasn't
a seedling.
Cheers Wendy (Who has never gotten rid of a plant for not blooming)

Yowsah! I could use one of those (It's the scorpio in me).

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200