Old 23-02-2003, 04:03 AM
DGiunti

Default Problem Area - Bog Garden?

Bot Grl writes:

2. I couldn't find any evergreens suited to those conditions. Any
suggestions for winter interest plants that can tolerate soggy soil?

I would check the pH of the water there and see if it is perhaps too basic
for the cedars you may be limited elsewhere.

Irises which can be plants 4' high and cala lilies like bog conditions. They
can be planted both underwarer and with sub surface water. The larger Iris'
more resemble hedge than their smaller varieties. If you have significant
standing water, water lillies could work. It would be worth doing some local
research to see which varieties would be best in your area. Winter interest
may not be as interesting as it is in my more temperate area.

David Giunti email: unity
What is the question? Gertrude Stein's last words
No one mouth is big enough to utter the whole thing. Alan Watts

On Display in the UK
http://www.web-gallery.co.uk