Old 12-07-2008, 12:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea V_coerulea is offline

Default newsgroups -- a little off topic

I've just had all alt.binary. groups dropped by Bellsouth with no warning
whatsoever and I'm p.o.'d. I may just vent a little when opening time comes
around. It wouldn't hurt. I'd just get some little old ladiy in India or
somewhere who can barely understand me and vice versa. Maybe I'll just hold
on long enough until I get someone whose first language is English and can
give me some explanation. I know it won't do any good either - a waste of
time especially if I don't feel any better after it's done. Threatening to
drop all my AT&T services might make me feel like I've got a bat in this
war. I have a lot of their services but to them it's a drop in the bucket.
They might even make some consilatory offer to show some effort toward good
customer service but it still wouldn't bring back alt.binary services.
Another score for the big bad guys!
Gary

"eeyore" wrote in message
I use ATT and have just been informed that they've dropped
alt.binaries.orchids to block "child porn". Not sure I see the connection,
but does anyone know of any alternative providers or other accesses to
newsgroups.

Apologize as I know this issue has already been posted, but at the time
ATT didn't seem to be blocking groups. They just threw this at me with no
notification.