Old 12-07-2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default newsgroups -- a little off topic

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:41:45 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
Buddy, they didn't even let me know. They just dumped it. Andrew Cuomo,
c'mon down to the Glades. We'd love to show you around. I am supremely
angry.

Mottzarella isn't working for those who have tried it. It double posts, and
they can only see posts that have been originated by Mottzarella members.

Ahem, there's enough FUD without you adding to it.

motzarella.org works well enough with a couple exceptions.

1) It sometimes reports a failure to post an article when it actually
was successful. Normal user response to such an error is to tell
it to retry several times before getting annoyed and giving up.
A better response is to postpone the article, check for new articles
in the newsgroup, and try again if it has not appeared within 15 minutes
or so. It's worth noting that this was common behavior back in the days
of mom&pop ISPs.

2) It carries abpo. It appears to receive non-binaries posts from the
outside just fine. It sends out binaries posts just fine. As the
peers to news.motzarella.org are NOT binary oriented, it does not
currently receive binaries posted elsewhere.

Wait for Kye. He started abpo. Hopefully, he'll rescue is this time.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Well then, maybe soon we'll all be motzarella subscribers....

"eeyore" wrote in message
I use ATT and have just been informed that they've dropped
alt.binaries.orchids to block "child porn". Not sure I see the
connection, but does anyone know of any alternative providers or other
accesses to newsgroups.

Apologize as I know this issue has already been posted, but at the time
ATT didn't seem to be blocking groups. They just threw this at me with
no notification.

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."