Old 15-07-2008, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
YMC[_2_] YMC[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to propogate a rose - cuttings

Hello,

My friend is moving house - and she has some of the best roses I have come
across. I think she's got a Super Mr Lincoln. Strong Scent. Vigorous Growth.
Very strong and healthy.

Unfortunately, the new owners have stipulated in the contract that they want
to keep all her roses.

But nothing was said about trimming them back and taking cuttings.

Its currently Winter over here - so whats the best to ensure that the
cuttings root and grow.

I tried taking cuttings from her garden before- but in the week - the canes
turn black from the base and die.